Canterbury & Southeast England (PDF Chapter)
This is the Canterbury & Southeast England chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
Rolling chalk hills, venerable Victorian resorts, fields of hops and grapes sweetening in the sun: welcome to England’s southeast, four soothing counties’ worth of country houses, fairy-tale castles and the finest food and drink.
- shop, tan and party in Brighton & Hove, the hedonist capital of the southeast
- make a pilgrimage to one of England’s most important religious sites in Canterbury
- explore the atmospheric WWII tunnels beneath sprawling Dover Castle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kent, Canterbury, Whitstable, Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate, Sandwich, Dover, East Sussex, Rye, Hastings, Eastbourne, South Downs National Park, Lewes, Brighton & Hove, West Sussex, Arundel, Chichester.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.