England - Cambridge & East Anglia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cambridge & East Anglia chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
Unfurling gently eastwards to the sea, the vast flatlands of East Anglia are a rich web of lush farmland, melancholy Fens and sparkling rivers. The area is justly famous for its sweeping sandy beaches, big skies and bucolic landscape.
- punt past historic colleges then enjoying the heavenly evensong at King’s College Chapel in Cambridge
- soak up the medieval architecture in the atmospheric market town of Lavenham
- marvel at the exquisite rib vaulting in Norwich’s fine cathedral
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, Grantchester, Ely, Essex, Colchester, Dedham Vale, Saffron Walden, Southend-on-Sea & Around, Suffolk, Long Melford, Lavenham, Bury St Edmunds, Orford, Aldeburgh, Southwold, Norfolk, Norwich, Cromer, Cley-next-the-Sea, Blakeney, Wells-next-the-Sea, Holkham, Burnham Deepdale and King’s Lynn & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.