Cambridge & East Anglia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cambridge & East Anglia chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guide-book.
The vast flatlands of East Anglia are a rich web of lush farmland, melancholy Fens and sparkling rivers. The area is justly famous for its sweeping sandy beaches, big skies and the bucolic landscape that once inspired Constable and Gainsborough.
- punt past historic colleges before enjoying the heavenly evensong at King’s College Chapel, Cambridge
- nosy around the drawing room of Sandringham, the Queen’s country estate
- canoe your way through the tranquil waterways of the Norfolk Broads
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, Ely, Essex, Colchester, Dedham Vale, Saffron Walden, Southend-On-Sea, Suffolk, Long Melford, Lavenham, Bury St Edmunds, Aldeburgh, Southwold, Norfolk, Norwich, Cromer, Cley-next-the-Sea, Blakeney, Wells-next-the-Sea, Holkham, Burnham Deepdale, King’s Lynn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.