Egypt - Understand Egypt and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Egypt Today, History, Ancient Egypt & the Pharaohs, The Egyptian People, The Arts, Egyptian Cuisine, Environment, Safe Travel, Women Travellers, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history culture, cuisine and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Ancient Egypt’s gods and goddesses
- info on Egyptian culture and religion
- full coverage of the Egyptian music, cinema and literary scenes
- details on the best places to experience Egyptian cuisine
Coverage includes: Egypt Today, History, Ancient Egypt & the Pharaohs, The Egyptian People, The Arts, Egyptian Cuisine, Environment, Safe Travel, Women Travellers, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.