Egypt - Suez Canal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Suez Canal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Although this region is often bypassed by travellers, anyone with an interest in Egypt’s modern history will enjoy the crumbs of former finery on display and there’s a slower pace to life here that will be appreciated by those with time up their sleeve.
- exploring the faded grandeur of Port Said’s waterfront quarter
- commuting from Africa to Asia in 15 minutes flat
- taking a break from Egypt’s usual hectic pace among the colonial-era villas of slumberous Ismailia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port Said, Ismailia and Suez.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.