Egypt - Suez Canal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Suez Canal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Although this region is often bypassed by travellers, anyone with an interest in Egypt’s mod-ern history will enjoy the crumbs of former finery on display and there’s a slower pace to life here that will be appreciated by those with time up their sleeve.
- explore the architecture of faded grandeur slowly slipping into genteel dilapidation within Port Said’s waterfront quarter
- commute from Africa to Asia in 15 minutes flat: jump on the ferry from Port Said to Port Fu-ad to sample life on the canal
- take a break from Egypt’s usual hectic pace among the colonial-era villas of Ismailia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port Said, Ismailia, Suez.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.