*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Egypt - Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert (PDF Chapter)
This is the Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Older than the Pyramids, as sublime as any temple, Egypt’s Western Desert is a vast sweep of elemental beauty. The White Desert’s shimmering vista of surreal rock formations and the ripple and swell of the Great Sand Sea’s mammoth dunes are simply bewitching.
- gaping in awe at the geologic wonderland of the White Desert
- hitting the end of the road at Siwa Oasis to revel in the far-from-anywhere vibe
- soaking off the dust in one of the region’s natural springs, such as the palm-shaded pools amid Bahariya Oasis
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Al-Kharga Oasis, Al-Kharga & around, Dakhla Oasis, Mut & around, Balat, Bashendi, Al-Qasr, Deir al-Haggar, Farafra Oasis, Qasr al-Farafra, Black Desert, Bahariya Oasis, Bawiti & around, Siwa Oasis, Qara Oasis and Great Sand Sea.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.