Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Egypt - Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Older than the Pyramids, as sublime as any temple, Egypt’s Western Desert is a vast sweep of elemental beauty. The White Desert’s shimmering vista of surreal rock formations and the ripple and swell of the Great Sand Sea’s mammoth dunes are simply bewitching.
- gape in awe at the geologic wonderland of the White Desert
- hit the end of the road at Siwa Oasis to revel in the far-from-anywhere vibe and delve into the unique Siwan culture
- soak off the dust in palm-shaded natural springs and pools at Bahariya Oasis
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Al Kharga Oasis, Al Kharga & Around, Dakhla Oasis, Mut & Around, Balat, Bashendi, Al Qasr, Deir Al Haggar & Around, Farafra Oasis, Qasr Al Farafra, Farafra Oasis to Bahariya Oasis, Al Hayz, Black Desert, Bahariya Oasis, Bawiti & Around, Siwa Oasis, Beyond Siwa, Great Sand Sea & Gilf Kebir.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.