Egypt - Sinai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sinai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Rugged and starkly beautiful, the Sinai Peninsula has captured imaginations throughout the centuries. The region has been coveted for its deep religious significance and its strategic posi-tion as a crossroads of empires: prophets and pilgrims, conquerors and exiles have all left their footprints on the sands here.
- divr into an underwater fantasia of coral mountains and flitting fish at Ras Mohammed
- follow the footsteps of prophets and pilgrims on Mt Sinai’s time-worn Steps of Repentance
- view one of the world’s most important collections of early Christian art and manuscripts at St Katherine’s Monastery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sinai Coast, Ras Sudr, Al Tor, Ras Mohammed Na-tional Park, Sharm El Sheikh & Na’ama Bay, Nabq Protectorate, Dahab, Ras Abu Gallum Protec-torate, Nuweiba & Around, Taba, Sinai Interior, St Katherine Protectorate, Wadi Feiran.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.