Egypt - Red Sea Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Red Sea Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
The ‘Red Sea Riviera’ is a place of many different attractions. On the one hand, it is famous (or infamous, depending on your view) for cheap package holidays. But dig deeper and you will find other, more surprising sides to the region.
- make a diving date with world-class offshore reefs at Hurghada to discover why the Red Sea was catapulted onto the tourism stage
- reflecte on monasticism’s millennia-old roots by visiting the isolated monastery of St An-thony and climbing to the hermit’s cave
- flop down at one of Marsa Alam’s chilled-out eco beach camps
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Red Sea Monasteries, El Gouna, Hurghada, Safaga, Al Quseir, Marsa Alam, Eastern Desert.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation