No code necessary. See terms.
Egypt - Northern Nile Valley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Northern Nile Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guide-book.
If you’re in a hurry to reach the treasures and pleasures of the south, it is easy to dismiss the places between Cairo and Luxor. But these less touristed parts of the country almost always re-pay what can be the considerable effort of a visit.
- admire lithe dancers, hunters and even wrestlers in the finely painted tombs of Beni Hasan
- visit the Coptic monastery of Deir Al Muharraq to see why Copts claim to be heirs to the an-cient Egyptians.
- gaze upon some of ancient Egypt’s finest temple reliefs at the Temple of Seti I in Aby-dos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beni Suef, Gebel At Teir & Frazer Tombs, Minya, Beni Hasan, Beni Hasan to Tell Al Amarna, Tell Al Amarna, Tombs of Mir, Deir Al Muharraq, Asyut, Sohag, Abydos, Qena.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.