*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Egypt - Nile Valley: Beni Suef to Qena (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nile Valley: Beni Suef to Qena chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
If you’re in a hurry to reach the treasures and pleasures of the south, it is easy to dismiss this first segment of Upper Egypt between Cairo and Luxor. But the less touristed parts of the country almost always repay the effort of a visit.
- admire lithe dancers, hunters and even wrestlers in the finely painted tombs at Beni Hasan
- visit the Coptic monastery of Deir al-Muharraq to see why Copts claim to be heirs to the ancient Egyptians
- marvel at one of the best-preserved temple complexes in Egypt in Dendara’s magnificent Temple of Hathor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beni Suef, Gebel at-Teir & Frazer Tombs, Minya, Beni Hasan, Tell al-Amarna, Tombs of Mir, Deir al-Muharraq, Asyut, Sohag, Abydos and Qena.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.