Egypt - Luxor (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Luxor chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Luxor is often called the world’s greatest open-air museum, but that comes nowhere near de-scribing this extraordinary place. Nothing in the world compares to the scale and grandeur of the monuments that have survived from ancient Thebes.
- wandere around the exotic stone thickets of gigantic papyrus-shaped columns in the great hypostyle hall at Karnak
- marvel at the stunning architecture of Luxor Temple, and return later at night to see the beautifully lit carvings on the walls
- be led by the gods into the afterworld, like the pharaoh, at the Valley of the Kings
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.