Egypt - Egyptian Museum (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Egyptian Museum chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
One of the world’s most important collection of ancient artefacts, the Egyptian Museum takes pride of place in Downtown Cairo. Inside, the glittering treasures of Tutankhamun and other great pharaohs lie alongside the grave goods, mummies and jewellery of Egyptians whose names are lost to history.
- wonder over King Tut’s treasures in the Tutankhamun Galleries
- admire the artwork commissioned by Akhenaten for Tell Al Amarna – and say hi to Nefertiti – in the Amarna Room
- time your visit to miss the crowds in the Royal Mummies Halls
Coverage includes: Ground Floor, Room 43 – Atrium, Room 48 – Early Dynastic Period, Rooms 47 & 46 – Old Kingdom, Rooms 42, 37 & 32 – Masterpieces of the Old Kingdom, Room 26 – Montuhotep II, Rooms 21 & 16 – Sphinxes, Room 12 – Hathor Shrine, Room 3 – Amarna Room, Room 10 – Ramses II, Room 34 – Graeco-Roman Room, First Floor, Rooms 56 & 46 – Royal Mummies Halls, Tutankhamun Galleries, Room 4 – Ancient Egyptian Jewellery, Room 2 – Royal Tombs of Tanis, Room 14 – Graeco-Roman Mummy Portraits, Room 34 – Pharaonic Technology, Room 43 – Yuya & Thuyu Tomb, Room 53 – Animal Mummies, Room 37 – Model Armies, Rooms 32 & 27 – Middle Kingdom Models.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.