*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Egypt - Cairo Outskirts & the Delta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cairo Outskirts & the Delta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Typical Egypt itineraries rarely take in the area right around Cairo but, thanks to modern transportation, it’s easy to get from Cairo’s confines to open green fields; ancient sites you’ll have all to yourself; modern Coptic monasteries; and the not-for-the-squeamish action of a live camel market with camels that come from deepest Sudan.
- chill out in the funky arts colony of Tunis
- immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and smells of the Birqash Camel Market
- pile onto a boat filled with merry day trippers to see the Nile Barrages at Qanater
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Desert Environs, Saqqara, Memphis & Dahshur, Al-Fayoum, Wadi Natrun, The Nile Delta, Birqash Camel Market, Nile Barrages, Tanta, Zagazig & Bubastis and Tanis.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.