Egypt - Cairo Outskirts & the Delta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cairo Outskirts & the Delta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guide-book.
If you want to dig a little deeper into Egyptian culture and history, the area surrounding the capital is home to several intriguing and important sites rarely included on typical Egypt itinerar-ies.
- take a spin back in time within the ancient Old Kingdom necropolis of pyramids and intri-cately decorated tombs, Saqqara
- head down the steep staircase of Dahshur, deep into the heart of the Red Pyramid
- delve into a history far older than the pharaohs at Wadi Al Hittan, amid the whale fossils scattered across the orange-hued desert sands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Desert Environs, Saqqara, Memphis & Dahshur, Al Fayoum, Wadi Natrun, The Nile Delta, Birqash Camel Market, Qanater (Nile Barrages), Tanta, Zagazig & Bubastis, Tanis.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.