*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Egypt - Cairo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cairo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
Cairo’s crowds are a small price to pay to experience the place Egyptians call Umm ad-Dunya – the Mother of the World. One taxi ride can pass resplendent mosques, grand avenues and 19th-century palaces, with views of the Pyramids of Giza.
- gaze up at the towering Pyramids of Giza
- step back into Egypt’s ancient past in the Egyptian Museum
- escape the city noise in Al-Azhar Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Greater Cairo, Giza and Heliopolis.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.