*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Egypt - Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
By far Egypt’s most atmospheric city, Alexandria’s fresh sea air, fantastic seafood, ancient history and crumbling gems of belle époque buildings imbue it with an urban pulse distinctly different from that of Cairo.
- remember World War II’s North Africa campaign at the war memorials of El Alamein
- eat your fill of fresh seafood along the shore at Aboukir
- amble through the dusty, donkey-filled streets of Rosetta (Ar-Rashid)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alexandria & around, Aboukir, Rosetta (Ar-Rashid), Mediterranean Coast, El Alamein, Sidi Abdel Rahman, Marsa Matruh and Sallum.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.