Egypt - Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Egypt guidebook.
By far Egypt’s most atmospheric city, Alexandria’s fresh sea air, fantastic seafood, ancient history and crumbling gems of belle époque buildings imbue it with an urban pulse distinctly dif-ferent from that of Cairo.
- tour the modern incarnation of an ancient wonder, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, where it’s not just the library itself on offer but also several museums of antiquities, manuscripts and art
- taste the last drops of 19th-century grandeur at a period cafe in Alexandria, and stroll the streets and souqs of soulful Anfushi at night
- eat your fill of simply grilled fresh seafood along the shore at Aboukir
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alexandria & Around, Aboukir, Rosetta (Ar Rashid), Mediterranean Coast, El Alamein, Sidi Abdel Rahman, Marsa Matruh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.