No code necessary. See terms.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - The Oriente (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Oriente chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
Exploring the Oriente allows you to become immersed in the natural world in a way not even possible on the Galápagos. But this region is not just jungle. Ecuador’s best thermal spa, its most spectacular waterfall, its most active volcanoes and its most formidable white-water rapids also await.
- soak in pristine steaming waters at Papallacta
- witness thunderous San Rafael Falls, Ecuador’s highest waterfall
- hike high up volcanoes to gaze out over jungle and cloud forest in Parque Nacional Sumaco-Galeras and adjoining Reserva Alto Coca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Northern Oriente, Papallacta, Baeza & around, Volcán Reventador, Lago Agrio, Reserva Producción Faunística Cuyabeno, Coca, Vía Auca, Lower Río Napo, Parque Nacional Yasuní, Parque Nacional Sumaco-Galeras, Cotundo & Archidona, Tena, Misahuallí, Upper Río Napo, Puyo, The Southern Oriente, Macas, Parque Nacional Sangay, The Jungle from Macas, Sucúa, Gualaquiza, and Kapawi Ecolodge & Reserve.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.