Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - The Oriente (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oriente chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galápogos Islands guidebook.
Exploring the Oriente gives you the unforgettable experience of seeing the natural world up close and personal. But this region is not just jungle. Ecuador’s best thermal spa, most spectacu-lar waterfall, most active volcanoes and most formidable white-water rapids also await.
- soak in the pristine steaming waters of Papallacta, watching the mist move across the mountainsides above
- stand in the thunderous spray of Ecuador’s highest waterfall, San Rafael Falls
- hike through three different vegetation zones to gaze out over jungle and cloud forest on the country’s most volatile volcanoes in Parque Nacional Sumaco Napo Galeras
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Northern Oriente, From Quito to Lago Agrio, Lago Agrio, Reserva Producción Faunística Cuyabeno, Coca, Vía Auca, Lower Río Napo, Parque Nacional Yasuní, Parque Nacional Sumaco Napo Galeras, Cotundo & Archidona, Tena, Misa-huallí, Upper Río Napo, Puyo, The Southern Oriente, Macas, Sucúa, Gualaquiza, Kapawi Eco-lodge & Reserve.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.