No code necessary. See terms.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - The Galapagos Islands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Galápagos Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
The Galápagos Islands may just inspire you to think differently about the world. Many of the creatures that call the islands home are found nowhere else in the world. Yet you don’t have to be an evolutionary biologist or an ornithologist to appreciate one of the few places left on the planet where the human footprint is kept to a minimum.
- lock eyes with sea horses among the superb lava formations of Los Túneles
- sunbathe alongside marine iguanas on the sublime white sand of Tortuga Bay
- hike amid otherworldy scenery and fumaroles at Volcán Sierra Negra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Isla Santa Cruz (Indefatigable) & around, Puerto Ayora, Islas Seymour & Mosquera, Islas Plazas, Islas Daphne, Isla Santa Fé (Barrington), Isla San Cristóbal (Chatham), Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, Isla Isabela (Albemarle), Puerto Villamil, Isla Fernandina (Narborough), Isla Santiago (San Salvador or James) & around, Isla Bartolomé, Sombrero Chino, Isla Rábida (Jervis), Southern Islands, Floreana (Isla Santa María or Charles), Isla Española (Hood), Northern Islands, Isla Genovesa (Tower), Isla Marchena (Bindloe) & Isla Pinta (Abington), Isla Wolf (Wenman) & Isla Darwin (Culpepper), History, Geology, Ecology & Environment, and Tourism.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Understand Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)