*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
Wide sandy beaches, lush nature reserves and biologically rich islands are just a few of the attractions of Ecuador’s southern coastal region. For wildlife watching, outdoor activities or just relaxing on the beach, this is a great place to be.
- breathe in the cool air and spectacular views around Zaruma
- frolic in the waves and sip fruity cocktails to tropical beats at surf mecca Montañita
- look for wildlife on hiking trails through lush forest near Dos Mangas
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guayaquil, Bosque Protector Cerro Blanco, Ruta Spondylus, Puerto López, Parque Nacional Machalilla, South of Puerto López, Olón, Montañita, Santa Elena Peninsula to Guayaquil, Salinas, Playas, South of Guayaquil, Reserva Ecológica Manglares Churute, Machala, Puerto Bolívar & Jambelí, Zaruma, and Peru via Huaquillas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.