Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galápogos Is-lands guidebook.
Wide sandy beaches, lush nature reserves and biologically rich islands are just a few of the attractions of Ecuador’s southern coastal region. For wildlife watching, outdoor activities or just relaxing on the beach, this is a great place to be.
- get up close and personal with nesting boobies and other birdlife on the Isla de la Plata
- frolic in the waves and sip fruity cocktails to tropical beats at the surfing mecca of Montañita
- stroll the malecón, dine in some of Ecuador’s best restaurants and wande the cobbled lanes of Cerro Santa Ana in Guayaquil
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guayaquil & Around, Bosque Protector Cerro Blanco, Ruta Spondylus, Puerto López, Parque Nacional Machalilla, Salango, Las Tunas & Ayampe, Olón, Montañita, Santa Elena Peninsula & Around, Salinas, Playas, Reserva Ecológica Manglares Churute, Machala, Puerto Bolívar & Jambelí, Zaruma, Peru via Huaquillas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.