Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Quito (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Quito chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
A capital city high in the Andes, Quito is dramatically situated, hemmed in by mountain peaks whose greenery is concealed by gray afternoon mist. Warm and relaxed, traditional Ecuadorian Sierra culture - overflowing market stands, shamanistic healers, fourth-generation hatmakers - mixes with a vibrant and sophisticated culinary and nightlife scene.
- get close to earth’s belly button at the kitschy museums surrounding La Mitad del Mundo
- gaze at Oswaldo Guayasamín’s monumental paintings at the Capilla del Hombre
- sip canelazo (sugarcane alcohol with hot cider and cinnamon) while savoring live music in festive La Ronda
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Quito, La Mitad del Mundo, Reserva Geobotánica Pululahua & Around, Volcán Pichincha, and Refugio de Vida Silvestre Pasochoa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Understand Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)