*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Northern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
This is Ecuador’s beating heart and a cradle of Andean culture: artisans produce their wares using methods unaltered for generations, and visitors find some of the country’s best deals here, on everything from leather goods to traditional carpets. Wherever you go, off-the-beaten path adventures, sustainable community tourism initiatives and volunteering opportunities are close by.
- take in the views hiking around Lagunas de Mojanda outside Otavalo
- get out into the wilderness on a trek from the highlands around Oyacachi to the Oriente
- tick off bird species wandering through the cloud forests around Mindo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cayambe, Reserva Ecológica Cayambe-Coca, Oyacachi, Otavalo & around, Reserva Ecológica Cotacachi-Cayapas, Ibarra, La Esperanza, Intag Valley, Reserva Biológica Los Cedros, Northern Carchi, Reserva Biológica Guandera, El Ángel, Río Mira Valley, Tulcán, Western Andean Slopes, Mindo, Mashpi Rainforest Biodiversity Reserve, Reserva Biológica Maquipucuna, Bosque Nublado Santa Lucía, Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve, Tandayapa, and Reserva Yunguilla.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.