Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Northern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galápogos Islands guidebook.
Follow the snaking Panamericana through the awesome Andes to the vibrant market town of Otavalo and the surrounding indigenous villages. As the spine of the Andes bends north from Quito, volcanic peaks punctuate valleys blanketed by flower farms and sugarcane fields.
- lose yourself on a walking tour around the Laguna de Cuicocha in the majestic hillsides above Cotacachi
- fill up your luggage with handmade crafts and clothes at Otavalo Market
- tick off birds wandering through the cloud forests west of Quito, around Mindo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cayambe, Reserva Ecológica Cayambe-Coca, Oyacachi, Otavalo & Around, Reserva Ecológica Cotacachi-Cayapas, Ibarra, La Esperanza, Intag Valley, Northern Carchi, Reserva Biológica Guandera, El Ángel, Tulcán, Western Andean Slopes, Mindo, Cloud Forest Reserves & Lodges.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.