Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - North Coast & Lowlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Coast & Lowlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galá-pogos Islands guidebook.
Ecuador’s north coast doesn’t make it onto many international itineraries – it’s hard to com-pete in a country that offers so much variety. But for surfers, backwoods explorers and nature lovers, this might just be the happiest place on planet earth.
- walk for miles on the lost, lonely and out-of-this-worldly lovely beaches of Mompiche
- hike beneath the lush jungle canopy at Playa de Oro Reserva de Tigrillos
- take in the laid-back beach and surfer scene in the region’s top backpacker spot, Canoa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Western Lowlands, Quito to Santo Domingo de Los Colorados, Santo Domingo de Los Colorados, The North Coast, San Lorenzo, San Miguel, Playa de Oro, Reserva Ecológica Cotacachi-Cayapas, Esmeraldas, Atacames, Tonsupa, Súa, Same & Tonchigüe, Corredor Turistico Galera-San Francisco, Muisne, Mompiche, Isla Portete, Cojimíes, Canoa, Bahía de Caráquez, Manta, Montecristi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation