Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Cuenca & the Southern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Cuenca & the Southern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
Still mountainous, but also more benign, traveling the southern spine of the Ecuadorian Andes ushers intrepid travelers down through lush valleys that secrete some real treats: pastille-hued colonial towns and cities and remote villages where indigenous culture thrives. And – with the exception of the famous regional capital Cuenca – the highways and byways are way less traipsed.
- lose the gringo trail in a blink with a DIY adventure through the region’s seldom-visited indigenous communities
- grab your boots for a hike in the eerie moors of Parque Nacional Cajas
- perfect the art of relaxation in Vilcabamba with massages and horse riding
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cuenca & around, Parque Nacional Cajas, Ingapirca, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Principal, Saraguro, Loja, Parque Nacional Podocarpus, Zamora, Vilcabamba, Zumba & the Peruvian Border, Catamayo Area, Catacocha, and Macará & the Peruvian Border.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.