*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & Galapagos Islands guidebook.
The rooftop of Ecuador offers up more adventure per square meter than most places on earth. This vast region cut from fire and ice inspires the imagination and offers a remarkable journey deep into the myth and beauty of the Andes.
- hike beneath, around and up one of the world’s highest active volcanoes in Parque Nacional Cotopaxi
- touch the clouds with a bike or hike around the towering Volcán Chimborazo
- take the high road to Salinas against a sublime high-altitude backdrop
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Machachi & Aloasí, Reserva Ecológica Los Ilinizas, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Latacunga, The Quilotoa Loop, Ambato & around, Baños & around, Puyo & around, Parque Nacional Sangay, Guaranda, Salinas, Volcán Chimborazo, Riobamba & around, Guamote, and Alausí.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.