Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands - Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galápogos Islands guidebook.
The rooftop of Ecuador offers up more adventure per square meter than most places on earth. This vast region cut from fire and ice inspires the imagination and offers a remarkable journey deep into the myth and beauty of the Andes.
- hike between remote villages to a stunning crater lake on the Quilotoa Loop
- get splashed by waterfalls as you plunge from the Andes to the jungle on the Ruta de las Cascadas
- explore the packed streets full of vendors and shoppers bartering over livestock and pota-toes at Guamote’s authentic Thursday market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Machachi & Aloasí, Reserva Ecológica Los Ilinizas, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Latacunga, The Quilotoa Loop, Ambato & Around, Baños, Ruta de las Cascadas, Parque Nacional Sangay, Guaranda, Salinas, Volcán Chimborazo, Riobamba, La-guna de Colta, Guamote, Alausí.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.