*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Eastern USA - Washington, DC & The Capital Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington, DC & the Capital Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
No matter your politics, it’s hard not to fall for the nation’s capital, with its iconic monuments, vast museums and venerable restaurants. Beyond the Beltway, the diverse landscapes of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Delaware offer potent enticement to travel beyond the marble city.
- visit Washington’s Smithsonian Institution museums, then watch the sun set over Lincoln Memorial
- trace America’s roots at the living-history museum of Colonial Williamsburg
- explore the region’s nautical past with a pub crawl through Baltimore’s cobblestoned port-town neighborhood of Fell’s Point
- restaurants & accommodations
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.