Eastern USA - Understand Eastern USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, The Way of Life, Arts & Architecture, Music, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts, and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on Eastern USA’s music, from blues to country to hip-hop
- info on the literature, theatre, arts and architecture that give the region its identity
- full coverage of the people and events that shaped the region
- details on lifestyles, immigration, religion, sports and politics
Coverage includes: History, The Way of Life, Arts & Architecture, Music, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.