Eastern USA - Understand Eastern USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Eastern USA Today, History, The Way of Life, Arts & Architecture, Music, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture, cuisine and the arts to flights, pub-lic transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown of the booming music scene
- info on local literary legends
- full coverage of regional cuisines, from barbecues to lobster boils
- details on the struggle for equality in the region
Coverage includes: Eastern USA Today, History, The Way of Life, Arts & Architecture, Music, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.