*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Eastern USA - The South (PDF Chapter)
This is the The South chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
Nurtured by deep roots yet shaped by hardship, the South has a rich legacy in politics and culture. The cities are some of the country’s most fascinating, from antebellum beauties like New Orleans and Savannah to New South powerhouses like Atlanta and Nashville.
- don a costume and join the crowds during Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- hike and camp in the magnificent Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- stomp your boots in honky-tonks along Lower Broadway in Nashville
- restaurants & accommodations
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.