Eastern USA - New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania (PDF Chapter)
This is the New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
Where else could you visit an Amish family’s farm, camp on a mountaintop, read the Declara-tion of Independence and view New York, New York from the 86th floor of an art-deco landmark – all in a few days?
- dive into a kaleidoscope of world-class sights and international cultures in New York City
- enjoy the kitsch, kettle corn, coastline and calm of Jersey Shore
- explore colonial American history and quirky local flavour in Philadelphia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New York City, New York State, Long Island, Hudson Valley, Catskills, Finger Lakes, The Adirondacks, Thousand Islands, Western New York, New Jersey, Hoboken, Princeton, Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Pennsylvania Wilds, Pittsburgh.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation