No code necessary. See terms.
Eastern USA - New England (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the New England chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guide-book.
The history of New England is the history of America. It’s the Pilgrims who came ashore at Plymouth Rock and the minutemen who fought for American independence. It’s hundreds of years of poets and philosophers, progressive thinkers who dared to dream.
- follow in the footsteps of Colonial rabble-rousers along Boston’s Freedom Trail
- romp across the dunes with the wind in your hair at Cape Cod National Seashore
- contemplate the history of the 19th-century whaling capital of Nantucket at Nantucket Whaling Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Massachusetts, Boston, Northwest of Boston, Around Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Central Massachusetts, The Berkshires, Rhode Island, Providence, Newport, East Bay, Connecticut, Hartford, Litchfield Hills, Connecticut Coast, Lower Connecticut River Valley, New Haven, Vermont, Southern Vermont, Central Ver-mont, Northern Vermont, New Hampshire, Portsmouth, Lakes Region, White Mountains, Hano-ver, Maine, Southern Maine Coast, Portland, Midcoast Maine, Acadia National Park, Downeast Maine, Inland Maine.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.