*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Eastern USA - Great Lakes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
Don’t be fooled by all the corn. Behind it lurks surfing beaches and Tibetan temples, car-free islands and the green-draped night-lights of the aurora borealis. And then, of course, there’s the bright lights of Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and rockin’ Detroit.
- absorb the skyscrapers, museums, festivals and foodie bounty of Chicago
- embrace Detroit’s can-do spirit and partake of its art, eateries and neighborhood bicycle rides
- slow down for clip-clopping horses and buggies in Ohio’s Amish Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Illinois, Chicago & Around, Central Illinois, Southern Illinois, Indiana, Indianapolis, Central Indiana, Southern Indiana, Northern Indiana, Ohio, Cleve-land, Erie Lakeshore & Islands, Ohio Amish Country, Columbus, Yellow Springs, Dayton, Cin-cinnati, Southeastern Ohio, Michigan, Detroit, Dearborn, Ann Arbor, Central Michigan, Gold Coast, Straits of Mackinac, Upper Peninsula, Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Racine, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Eastern Wisconsin, Northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Minne-apolis, St Paul, Southern Minnesota, Northern Minnesota.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.