Eastern USA - Florida (PDF Chapter)
This is the Florida chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guidebook.
For countless visitors Florida is a place of promises: of eternal youth, sun, relaxation, clear skies, space, success, escape, prosperity and, for the kids, a chance to meet much-loved Disney characters in person.
- join the sunset bacchanal in Key West’s Mallory Square
- paddle among alligators and sawgrass in the Everglades National Park
- be swept up in nostalgia and thrill rides at Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, The Everglades & Around, Florida Keys, Atlantic Coast, Space Coast, Daytona Beach, St Augustine, Jacksonville, Amelia Island, Tampa, St Petersburg, Sarasota, Sanibel & Captiva Islands, Naples, Orlando, Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, Florida Panhandle, Tallahassee, Pensaco-la.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation