Eastern Europe - Slovakia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Slovakia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern Europe guidebook.
Capital city Bratislava draws visitors to its resplendent old town but Slovakia shines brightest for lovers of the outdoors. Walking trails in the High Tatras wend through landscapes of unearthly beauty, with mirror-still glacier lakes backed by 2000m peaks.
- hike between glacier lakes, snow-shrouded peaks and wildflower meadows in the High Ta-tras
- stroll from hilltop castles to sci-fi monuments en route to your next coffee or beer in Brati-slava
- clamber around the ramparts of 13th-century Spiš Castle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bratislava & Around, Tatra Mountains, Poprad, High Tatras, Eastern Slovakia, Levoca, Spišské Podhradie, Slovenský Raj & Around, Košice, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.