Eastern Europe - Macedonia (PDF Chapter)
Part Balkan, part Mediterranean and rich in Greek, Roman and Ottoman history, Macedonia has a fascinating past and complex national psyche. Glittering Lake Ohrid has put Macedonia on the tourist map, but this small nation is far more than just one great lake.
- explore Ohrid Old Town, right to the end of the boardwalk and pebble beach, and up to the clifftop Church of Sveti Jovan
- dive into the historic Old Turkish Bazaar of Skopje, Macedonia’s capital, then marvel at its super-sized new riverside monuments
- eat your fill at food-focused village tourism initiatives in Pelister National Park, and walk it off the next day
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Skopje & Around, Western Macedonia, Mavrovo Na-tional Park, Ohrid & Around, Central Macedonia, Pelister National Park, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.