Eastern Europe - Lithuania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lithuania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern Europe guidebook.
Blame it on the Baltic sea breeze or the almost-endless midsummer days: Lithuania has an otherworldly quality. In the southernmost of the Baltic states, beaches are spangled with amber and woodlands are alive with demonic statues.
- wander the backstreets of beautiful baroque Vilnius, looking for that perfect bar or bistro
- cycle between beaches, birch forests and sand dunes on the peaceful Curonian Spit
- be awestruck at the storied pilgrimage site of the Hill of Crosses, a hill entirely cloaked in crucifixes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vilnius, Paneriai, Trakai, Kaunas, Klaipeda, Curonian Spit, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.