Eastern Europe - Croatia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Croatia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Eastern Europe guidebook.
If your Mediterranean fantasies feature balmy days by sapphire waters in the shade of ancient walled towns, Croatia is the place for you. The extraordinary Adriatic coastline, speckled with 1244 islands and strewn with historic towns, is Croatia’s main attraction.
- circle Dubrovnik’s mighty walls and then catch the cable car up Mt Srd for breathtaking views from above
- marvel at the otherworldly turquoise lakes and dramatic waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia’s top natural attraction
- cap off endless beach days with sunset cocktails and back-lane boogie sessions in Hvar Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Zagreb, Istria, Rovinj, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Dalmatia, Zadar, Trogir, Split, Hvar Island, Dubrovnik, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.