*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Eastern Europe - Bosnia & Hercegovina (PDF Chapter)
This craggily beautiful land retains some lingering scars from the heartbreaking civil war in the 1990s. But today visitors will more likely remember Bosnia and Hercegovina for its human warmth and intriguing East-meets-West atmosphere born of fascinatingly blended Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian histories.
- gawp as young men throw themselves off Mostar’s magnificently rebuilt stone arc, Stari Most
- pad around Old Sarajevo’s fascinating Turkic era alleyways, on soft flagstones that feel like chilled butter underfoot
- discover more about the hopes and horrors of the 1990s civil war at the intensely moving Tunnel Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sarajevo, Mostar, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.