East Coast Australia - Understand East Coast Australia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the East Coast Australia Today, History, Climate Change & the Great Barrier Reef, Food & Drink, Sport, Deadly & Dangerous, Directory A–Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food & wine, to flights, public transport, cli-mate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the best food & drink of the region
- info on the region’s history
- full coverage of Australia’s great obsession: sport
- details on how climate change is impacting the reef
Coverage includes: East Coast Australia Today, History, Climate Change & the Great Barrier Reef, Food & Drink, Sport, Deadly & Dangerous, Directory A–Z, Transport.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.