East Coast Australia - The Gold Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Gold Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia guidebook.
Built for pleasure and remaining a place utterly dedicated to sun, surf and the body beautiful, this strip of coast is possibly Australia’s most iconic holiday destination. Its shimmering high-rises can, when glimpsed from afar, appear like a make-believe city.
- brave a dawn surf at the legendary break of Point Danger
- eat your way around the young, fun and creative culinary scene at Burleigh Heads
- bushwalk through craggy gorges and densely canopied rainforests in Lamington National Park.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Surfers Paradise, Main Beach, The Spit, Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach & Nobby Beach, Burleigh Heads, Currumbin, Palm Beach, Coolangatta, Gold Coast Hinterland, Tamborine Mountain, Lamington National Park, Springbrook National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation