East Coast Australia - Sydney & the Central Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sydney & the Central Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Aus-tralia guidebook.
Chances are Sydney will be your introduction to Australia’s east coast and there isn’t a better one. The spectacular harbour setting, sun-kissed beaches and sophisticated sheen make it unique in Australia, and its outdoorsy population endows it with a confident charm.
- come face to face with the Sydney Opera House, the symbol of the city
- while away the day on the golden sands of Bondi Beach
- explore the eucalyptus-scented valleys of the Blue Mountains on a spectacular bushwalk.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sydney & Around, Blue Mountains, The Central Coast, The Hunter Valley, Newcastle.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.