East Coast Australia - Melbourne & Coastal Victoria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Melbourne & Coastal Victoria chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Aus-tralia guidebook.
From windswept beaches to cosmopolitan seaside towns and legendary surfing spots, Victo-ria’s coastline has stunning vistas, cool-climate wineries and the culture-packed city of Mel-bourne. Victoria’s west coast faces the Bass Strait and attracts surfers and those searching for the iconic Twelve Apostles.
- cruise by spectacular beaches and through inland rainforests on the Great Ocean Road
- seek cool cafes, bars and restaurants in Melbourne
- strap on your hiking boots to admire the beauty of Wilsons Prom national park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula, Sorrento, Portsea, Point Nepean National Park, Mornington Peninsula National Park, Phillip Island, The Great Ocean Road, Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, Queenscliff, Torquay & Around, Anglesea, Aireys Inlet & Around, Lorne, Wye River, Kennett River, Apollo Bay, Cape Otway, Port Campbell Nation-al Park, Port Campbell & Around, Warrnambool, Tower Hill Reserve, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson, Wilsons Promontory & Gippsland, Koonwarra, Fish Creek, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Lakes District, East Gippsland & the Wilderness Coast.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation