East Africa - Understand East Africa and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the East Africa Today, History, Life in East Africa, Environment, Nation-al Parks & Reserves, Tribal Cultures, The Arts, A Taste of East Africa, Safe Travel, Directory A-Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guide-book.
All the info you need on everything from history, food, tribal cultures and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on life in East Africa
- info on the various national parks and reserves
- full coverage of tribal cultures
- details on the dazzling variety of wildlife
Coverage includes: East Africa Today, History, Life in East Africa, Envi-ronment, National Parks & Reserves, Tribal Cultures, The Arts, A Taste of East Africa, Safe Trav-el, Directory A-Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.