*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
East Africa - Uganda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uganda chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Emerging from the shadows of its dark history, a new dawn of tourism has risen in Uganda, polishing a glint back into the ‘pearl of Africa’. Travellers are streaming in to explore what is basically the best of everything the continent has to offer.
- jaunt through the jungle to marvel at mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- take on the wild waters of the Nile River, some of the best white-water rafting in the world
- laze in a hammock on a powdery white-sand beach on the Ssese Islands, in Lake Victoria
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kampala & around, Entebbe, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Mabamba Swamp Wetlands & around, Mpanga Forest Reserve, Eastern Uganda, Jinja, Mbale, Mt Elgon National Park, Sipi Falls, Nyero Rock Paintings, Kidepo Valley National Park, Kitgum, Gulu, Southwestern Uganda, Fort Portal, Crater Lakes, Kihingami Wetlands Sanctuary, Amabeere Cave, Kibale National Park, Semuliki National Park, Toro-Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Kasese, Rwenzori Mountains National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kabale, Lake Bunyonyi, Kisoro, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Lake Mutanda, Mbarara, Lake Mburo National Park, Masaka, Ssese Islands, Northwestern Uganda, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Masindi, Hoima, Murchison Falls National Park, Budongo Forest Reserve, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.